This project looks to transform Martineau Place into an Urban Oasis through the introduction of natural elements and materials providing warmth, texture and tactility creating a unique, distinct customer experience and brand identity – a much needed tranquil green space in the hard urban centre of Birmingham.
The proposals focus on creating a cohesive vision introducing:
- A hierarchy of routes and space.
- Human scale and intimacy of space where appropriate.
- Activity, variety and distraction.
- Clearly defined zones.
- Added value through revitalising underused spaces whilst striking balance between impact on space and potential revenue.
- Inclusion of a new brand texture and brand identity for the centre.
This refresh establishes key areas where targeted spend can create an engaging dynamic that provides moments of surprise and delight.